So, today I turn 30. I realize that I haven't posted on here in forever, but I want to start again. So, last year, right after i turned 29 I created a 30 before 30 list. I decided that I better update it...I needed to see what I have done this past year. So, here it is:
1. Lose 20 pounds.
Well, I have lost over 10 pounds, but since I am pregnant, I have had to put this goal on hold, but I will start back up after the baby is born in April.
2. Have a weekend getaway with my husband...alone.
This didn't happen.
3. Pay off my remaining credit card debt.
This didn't happen, but I'm working on it.
4. Paint my living room.
Again, hasn't happened...but some other rooms in my house are about to get painted!
5. Exercise three times a week.
This one just makes me laugh
6. Take Jack to the park as often as the weather allows.
Jack loves the park and being outside more than anything in the world, so we go all the time.
7. Read to Jack every night before bed...as many books as he wants.
I would say that books are one of Jack's favorite things. We read all the time...even if I read the same book 10 times in a row. I will read as much as he wants.
8. Be a better wife to my husband. Make sure he knows how wonderful he is every single day.
I think this is something that I will work on every day for the rest of my life. Marriage is hard, but we have to keep working at it.
9. Cook more meals for my family.
Our schedules are crazy, but I cooks when I can and when we are all home. I'm not ashamed to feed Jack a bowl of cereal and fruit for dinner every now and then...he loves it and I love the lack of time spent in the kitchen.
10. Take a week off of work and don't check my email or voice mail the entire week.
HA HA HA HA HA. That is hilarious. Some day this might happen.
11. Finally put all of the photos I have taken and printed of Jack into photo albums.
Again, still working on that.
12. Get one evening with my friends each month.
It didn't happen every month, but it has happened and those days make me very happy.
13. Visit my best friend at her new house for a weekend.
Nope...and this makes me the saddest of everything. I miss her so much.
14. Read one book a month for fun.
I only read five books for fun this year.
15. Clean my office at work and purge all of the old files that are cluttering my life!
HA HA HA HA HA. This is a work in progress.
16. Bake more tasty treats for my family and friends
I have baked a ton of cinnamon rolls, cookies, and banana bread. Looking forward to trying out some new recipes this holiday season.
17. Visit the Missouri History Museum, the St. Louis Art Museum, the Science Center, and the Zoo.
Didn't visit any of these places, but we took Jack to Grant's Farm which he absolutely loved. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, so it was great for me too.
18. Go to Chicago for a fun weekend of shopping and museums.
19. Go to at least two new restaurants in St. Louis.
I went to Copia Urban winery in February and had the best meal of my life in February. I have been a few other places...and am looking forward to a new restaurant this Saturday for my birthday dinner.
20. Try a new food
I don't know if I tried anything new
21. Publish an article
Done! My article was published in Campus Programming Magazine last spring about Retreat Planning and Officer Transitions for programming boards.
22. Help Ryan get a job that he will love.
Still working on this
23. Run a 5K
Not happening until after baby
24. Get my wisdom teeth taken out (no, this isn't fun...but it needs to be done!)
Was scheduled for this and then got pregnant, so it will wait until after baby
25. Spend more time with my mom and sister
I try to see them at least once a week.
26. Enroll Jack in day care two days a week so that he can socialize with other kids.
Done. He went to day care in February and then moved to the Early Childhood Center on campus in August. He seems to really love it there and I'm so happy that he got in.
27. Be a better friend to the great people in my life
I am in no way a great friend, but I try to be there for the people that I love when they need me. We have had some great highs and some sad lows this year, but I will always love them!
28. Drink more water every day
Continue to work on this. Right now, water makes me gag, so I am drinking more juice then I would like, but it's okay.
29. Make sure Jack feels unconditional love every day of his life
I know that he knows he is loved. I can't even express how much I love this kid. Mommy is his favorite person right now...
30. Find the perfect outfit to wear for my 30th birthday
I feel very pregnant right now...but I found an adorable shirt to wear that I love.