Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I am...

...frustrated. I don't even know how to explain the way I am feeling right now. I look at my life, and I see that I have so much to be thankful for. I have a husband that loves me and that I adore. I have a baby that melts my heart every time I look at him. I have friends and family that I can count on. But, somehow, it isn't enough.

That made me think...is it ever really enough? Is it just human nature to want more than you have? I want to have my family...my adorable little boy...but then sometimes, I long for the days when I could just lay on the couch and enjoy a lazy day on the weekends. I want to be able to go out with my friends and not have to plan weeks in advance so that I have a baby-sitter lined up. It's hard because none of my friends have children yet, so they don't have those obligations.

Why can't we just be content with what we have? There are so many people dealing with health issues, family issues, all sorts of issues. I should be happy that we are healthy (except for the colds that my entire family is currently sporting). I should be happy that we have a roof over our heads and clothes on our backs. Of course life could be easier...

I'm going to make a conscious effort to be happy with my life...or to find out what I am lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment