Mommy loves birthdays, so I wanted to make your first one very special. We started the day by making you chocolate chip pancakes. You have loved pancakes since the first time we gave them to you a few months ago, but this was the first time you have had chocolate chip pancakes. Based on the photo below, I think you liked them a lot!
We had to take the last of the monthly photos. It has gotten harder, and harder to do that! You weren't really having any of it. Daddy likes this next picture because he says you and the monkey have the same look on your face.
You are just so cute!
Well, what are you up to these days?
- You wear a size 3 diaper but are about to move to the size 4 with your next box.
- You love any people food that you can get. Your favorites are eggs, green beans, pancakes, cereal bars, and ravioli.
- You wear size 12 month clothes (and some 18 month onesies just because you are very long).
- You don't walk yet, but I can tell you are getting really close! You cruise along all the furniture and even along the walls.
- You are a total mama's boy right now, which is totally okay with me!
- You have tons of toys, but your favorite things to play with are bottles of lotion and empty tylenol containers. You are crazy! I should stop spending money on toys!
- You go to bed between 7 & 8 every night and get up between 7 & 8 in the morning. You take 2 or 3 naps during the day, but they aren't very long...you only sleep for 30 minutes to an hour at a time.
- Lately, you have been doing this bizarre, bizarre thing where you sleep in your crib sitting up. I don't get it. I will have a whole post based on that soon!
- You talk all the time! You babble and speak your own little language. You say mama, dada, bye bye, ball, ba ba (bottle), hi, up, and no (but that one we aren't sure you really say, it just kind comes out).
- You love your cousin Rory so much, but he is kind of scared of you!! He likes to show off his muscles, which actually looks like he is getting ready to punch you!
- You also love your cousin Ava. She is more fond of you than Rory is! She says "Ack...PLAY!!!!" because she wants you to come play with her. Okay, this next photo might not look like it, but you two actually do like each other!
- The last time you were at the doctor (last week to have your ears rechecked), you weighed 22 pounds, 13 ounces. I read somewhere that kids normally triple their birth weight during the first year of life. You weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces, so you are almost right on target. You don't go to the doctor for your one year checkup with Dr. Hulsen until June 3, so we will see what your official stats are then!
- You have such a hilarious personality. Your favorite game to play right now is to crawl down the hallway (where you aren't supposed to go). When you get to the end of the hallway, you wait for someone to start to follow you and then you laugh hysterically and take off crawling as fast as you can again. You want us to chase you. It's quite cute.
- Most of all....mommy loves you so much!!