Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year...New me

So, it's been almost two weeks since I started my diet. I'm hanging in there. My scale isn't necessarily showing me the great numbers that I hoped during my first couple weeks, but slow and steady wins the race, right? The number is lower than it was 11 days ago when I really started, so that's a good thing. Hopefully it will only continue to get lower. My fear is that I won't be able to stick with this. It truly is a change of lifestyle, not just in what I eat.

I have to really think about what I'm going to eat each day ahead of time. With a busy toddler, that is really hard. I'm probably not eating the best things that I could, but I'm eating things that are pretty easy for me to get ready and to prepare. It is working for now, so I will stick with it.

I'm going to tackle my biggest challenge...finding time to work out. I'm going to try to start working out during my lunch break next week a couple days and see how it goes. I'm worried that I will get really smelly and sweaty and that I won't be comfortable for the rest of the afternoon. Watch out afternoon meetings! You might smell me coming! Hopefully I will be able to come up with a system and stick with it. By the time I get off work, I just want to get home and spend a couple hours with Jack before he goes to bed. But, he doesn't go to bed until 8:30 or 9, so that's a little late to start a workout (I'm just exhausted by that time). So, I'm going to try the lunchtime thing. I'm going to start with two days a week next week and see how it goes!

I've made the decision to run a 5K at the end of April, so I'm going to be training for that. I've had the Couch to 5K program on my Ipod for months and months but just haven't done it. So, I'm going to start that now and get prepared. I really want to prove that I can do it! I've never been a runner...I've never enjoyed it. Even when I played field hockey in high school and had to run one or two miles a day at the start of practice, I never enjoyed it (and I was in much better shape back then!). So, we will see how it goes. I'm committing to run the 5K in April. If I hate it, I won't do another one. But, I'm going to prove that I can do it at least once!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment