Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election and stuff

So, I will start this blog by saying that I am a Democrat. However, I promise you that my blog will not be political. But, I had to say something about that historic event that took place on Tuesday. I voted for Obama...and was so excited to watch the election results. As I sat there, watching the returns come in, I was overcome with emotions. At 10:00PM central time, the screen flashed with a photo of Obama and the words "44th President of the United States." I was so excited. I can't even describe the way I felt at that moment. About an hour later, I was lying in bed when Barack gave his speech. I had chills through the whole thing. It was absolutely amazing. I think that he will heal our country.



That night was also sad...I can't believe California passed the ban on same-sex marriage. I was so sure that it would pass...in California of all places. I just don't understand...why can't we just let everyone have the right to get married? I don't understand the people that say "what next...a man wanting to marry a sheep?" First...that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Second, if someone wants to marry a sheep, then go right ahead...it has absolutely no impact on my life. Just like it doesn't matter if two men or two women want to get married. On the day that we elected an African American to the highest position in our country....just a few short decades after segregation ended...I thought that perhaps we would progress in another aspect as well. Obviously I was very wrong. I'm hoping tht the courts will stop this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment