Saturday, June 5, 2010

Job

As I have mentioned, my husband needs a job!  The weight of his unemployment has hit me a lot this week.  I think that my stress over Jack’s development is also a factor in the stress I have been feeling.  It’s clearly not Ryan’s fault that the economy sucks and he can’t find a job.  It’s not his fault that his company closed his store.  But, I can’t help feeling a little annoyed.  I wish he would have looked harder for a job while he was employed.  I wish that he would apply for more jobs now. 

I’m just frustrated.  I work for the State of Illinois.  Our budget is not the best and I honestly worry about the security of my job.  I feel fortunate to have a job with benefits, but I know that isn’t a given. 

I wish that someone would just give him a chance and at least interview him.  A person can only take so much rejection before they get down on themselves. 

I don’t really talk to Ryan about this because he honestly feels like a failure right now.  I don’t want to make him feel any worse than he already does.  I am just trying to keep it together and not freak out…it’s not going so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment