Sunday, June 6, 2010

Selfish

As a mom, we give everything we have to our children. Every waking second is spent doting on them and worrying about them. Let me note, that I would not give up the time that I have with Jack for anything. That being said, a mom sometimes just needs a minute to herself! Last night, after Jack went to bed, I had to go to the Super Wal-Mart for some groceries and other items. It was after 9 when I got home. Ryan and I put the groceries away and then I grabbed a bite to eat and sat on the couch. It was about 9:30 at this point. I realized, at that moment, that I couldn't remember the last time I had just an hour to sit at home and do nothing. Jack goes to bed between 7:30 and 8 every night. Once he is down for the night, there is usually laundry, dishes, or other cleaning that needs to be done. On the weekends, I run errands. Ryan will stay home with Jack (or sometimes I take him with me). But, I don't ever just sit at home.

So, today, I asked Ryan to take Jack out for a walk so I could just have a moment to myself. I have sat and watched a DVR'd show that has been waiting since early April to be watched. It's been blissful. I know that Ryan will be home soon, so I'm going to cut this short and enjoy my last bit of quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment