Friday, June 25, 2010

Life Updates

I just realized that I haven’t posted in a while…mainly because I don’t have much to say.  I want to write a post about Father’s Day, but the words just aren’t coming to me right now.  I have started the post several times, but just can’t finish it. 

So, for now I will just give you a few updates from our family. 

  • Ryan still doesn’t have a job.  He is applying for tons of stuff but is not getting any responses.  He is getting frustrated and I just feel really bad for him.  He loves spending time with Jack, but he really wants to get back to work and help support our family. 
  • Jack is now pretty much a full time walker.  He still crawls when he is already on the ground playing and wants to get to something (but, seriously, I would do the same thing!  Why exert all of that energy to get up just to sit back down?)  It is so cute to watch him toddle around.  I sometimes ask if he is drunk because he runs into walls and stumbles all the time.  It’s mainly because he thinks that he can run and he isn’t quite there yet! 
  • We are gearing up for a trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama with my entire family in three weeks.  It’s going to be an adventure.  We are not happy to deal with all of the oil, but it was really the best option for us since we wanted to drive.  There are 14 of us going, so we will see how that goes! 
  • I had some blood work recently and found out that my triglyceride levels are slightly elevated.  So, I am supposed to watch my sugar intake for a while and see if they level out.  They were borderline, so it’s possible that I could have just had a sugar-filled weekend and kind of thrown them off.  We will see.  This is bad news for me because I am a sugar-aholic.  I don’t really drink much.  I can give or take most foods.  Not a salt person.  But sweets…oh my!  And in the summer…ugh.  Tropical Sno, Ice Cream stands everywhere!  It’s crazy.  Like right now, I would really like a cookie.  But, I will refrain! 
  • I’m looking forward to lunch with an old friend tomorrow that I have not seen in a while.  Should be a good time catching up with her! 
  • I’m also looking forward to going to dinner with my mom, sister, and friend Emily on Sunday and then going to see Wicked. 
  • I have a three day weekend this weekend as I am off on Monday.  I’m also off next Friday, so I only have to work three days next week before I get a five day weekend (I’m off on Monday the 5th for the holiday and then have Tuesday off as well).
  • On Tuesday, July 6 we are taking Jack to the ENT to get evaluated for tubes in his ears.  He has had more ear infections than I can count and he is constantly pulling on his ears.  From what I have been told, these issues can actually affect language development because the kids don’t hear as well as they should.  So, we want to get things figured out!  We will see what the doctor has to say. 
  • I need a haircut and some highlights so badly!  There just aren’t enough hours in the day!

Okay, I’m going to get back to work!  Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment