Thursday, June 18, 2009

Being a mom--after 1 month

I can't believe it...but my baby boy will be a whole month old tomorrow. It absolutely doesn't seem possible. We are getting more comfortable, though I honestly still feel overwhelmed some days. The fact that I am completely responsible for this little person never escapes my mind. He is so helpless. It's amazing how much he has changed in just one month. I mean, we have gone from this:
to this in four short weeks
He is just so freaking cute. I know that I am absolutely biased. But, come on...look at that little face!!

Don't get me wrong. I have my moments. Okay, I have a lot of moments when I can't help but think of my life before Jack. The freedom to just go somewhere without planning for days was wonderful. Heck, the freedom to just go to the bathroom whenever I wanted to was great (and something I miss on occasion when Mr. Jack won't let me put him down so I can pee). My friends can all go out, go to concerts, and do whatever they want without thinking about it. I don't have that luxury anymore. Believe me...I have about 20 people that will babysit anytime I want. But, I don't want to be one of those people that dumps her kid just so she can go out. That said, I am very excited to go to my friend Nikki's wedding this weekend and to enjoy some time with my husband. Jack will be spending the night with his Aunt Jenny so mom and dad can have a whole night away (we even got a hotel room. Woohoo).

All that said...I absolutely love my baby boy. He makes my day happier. Especially when I see this...
I know it's blurry, but it's the first absolutely huge grin he has given me while awake (he smiles a lot in his sleep...but that doesn't count). This absolutely melted my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment