Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sadness at the holidays

This past weekend, a woman that I vaguely knew and her husband were killed in a car accident. She was the editor of the student newspaper at the college that I work for a few years ago. I didn't really know her at all...more that I knew of her. It was just so sad to me because I learned that she and her husband have a little boy not much older than Jack. I sat on my couch and cried just thinking about that poor little boy that will have to grow up not knowing his parents. That led me to think about Jack...how much I love him...how much I want to teach him...and how much I want to watch him grow up and turn into a wonderful person. I was so devastated just thinking about him growing up without me or his daddy.

So, as I prepare for my first Christmas with Jack, I am praying for the family of these two young people that were taken much too soon from this world. I hope that you will all hug your children tonight and remember to take each day as if it will be your last. Sorry to be a downer right before Christmas! It's just something I wanted to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment